Thursday, August 27, 2009

roles

i was told to revaluate my role.

challenge is.. i don't know where to start. is not that i hold many roles. and i don't think i play many roles. the roles that i hold, is fairly insignificant. really.

"my son is chairperson of student council". "my daugther is the manager of the xyz hotel". "my dog is the leading pack of dog society".

sometimes the roles i play, seems to be rather petty as compare to others. and always, yea always, shy away from the responsibility to take charge. social context that have mold myself into this current state? or should i start selling myself how much i could offer to this community and society?

in chinese, there's a saying, (direct translation) 'blank talk'. and it's the easiest thing to do on earth. just talking and boast, without proving what you have to really offer. in other words, talk cock. just bull yourself through. there are people who play this particular 'role' exceptionally well.
come on, you need to give them credit for this. they could sell themselves even knowing they don't possess any of the qualities they bullshit about. how cool is that?


2 comments:

Mandy said...

I comment because I think I am the first one who read this post :)

Wanna say jia you again but because I tend to talk alot these days, I will add on another few sentences.

To be frank, you play a significant role in my life - being a good friend of mine.

I don't have what the norm-known-as-significant-roles either but I want one too. One FINE day before I die.

Continue to learn. You might be surprised of the outcome. cheers! jia you!

endless-scroll said...

thanks for ur support. appreciate it alot.

it's good that ur talking and voicing out.

and glad that i played a part, without realizing it. and u too could play a part in others life. =D